It’s official, the Spartan Games are back for their second year. In what Spartan Race is calling the Spartan Games 2.0. 16 athletes (eight women and eight men) will be competing over 4 days. For a cash prize and the title if Spartan Race’s “fittest”.
After an entertaining first year. This 2.0 version comes without the former pro NFL players and star Tri-Athletes. With a cut back field, down from 12 to 8 men and women. As well as a cut back total prize. This year’s field of athletes feel more true to form with OCR and should make for a great event. It will be interesting is the events are similar to last year. Or if they are going to change things up.
Below are the list of athletes and prize money for this year’s games. And we’ll update with more info as it’s released by Spartan. You can follow Spartan Race on Instagram for the latest updates from them.
- Spartan Games 2.0 features 16 athletes (8 women, 8 men) competing for a cash prize and the title of Spartan Race’s “fittest.”
- The 2.0 version has a smaller field and reduced total prize money, emphasizing athletes with OCR backgrounds.
- The release date and details are still pending, but the show is expected to include content on Special Warfare careers.
- Notable women athletes include Corinna Coffin, Terra Jackson, and Lindsay Webster.
- Prominent male athletes include Ryan Atkins, Hunter McIntyre, and Vee Jay Jones.
- The grand prize for both men and women is $15,000, down from the previous year’s $20,000 prize.
Spartan Games 2.0 Info
So far all we know is what was released in a Spartan Race press release. They had this to say about the Spartan Games 2.0:
“The show release, slated for the first quarter of 2022, will include breakout content on the careers that make up the Special Warfare unit.”
For now you can find clips on Spartan Races official Instagram page. They will be back in October & November 2021.
Spartan Games 2.0 Women Athletes
Spartan Games 2.0 Male Athletes
Vee Jay Jones
So far, all we know about the prizes is what was posted on Spartan Race’s social media.
“16 athletes will be competing for four days all chasing the grand prize of $15K and bragging rights to be called the fittest.”
From this post we can can only guess at the prize breakdown. I will go ahead and assume that the grand prize for both men and women will be $15,000. Down from last year, when the winning prize was $20,000.
I’ll be updating this once I have more info!
Spartan Games 2.0 is set to be an exciting event, showcasing the grit and determination of 16 top athletes competing for the title of Spartan Race’s “fittest” and a $15,000 grand prize. With a smaller field and a renewed focus on OCR backgrounds, the competition promises to be more true to its roots. While specific details about the event’s release date and content are still forthcoming, fans can look forward to an action-packed competition. Stay tuned for updates, and be sure to follow Spartan Race on Instagram for the latest information on this thrilling event.