For over a century, Brooks has been synonymous with quality running shoes catering to a diverse range of athletes. With the launch of the Brooks Ghost Max, the brand jumps into the max cushioned market. Continuing its legacy of innovation and excellence. This high-cushion running shoe is poised to make a significant impact in the running community, and here’s why:
- Based on the incredibly popular Brooks Ghost
- Exceptional “max” cushioning for unmatched protection
- Perfect for logging a lot of miles
- A lower drop and wider base for a stable ride that supports various running styles
- Effortless transitions for a smooth gait
A Glimpse of the Brooks Legacy
Before diving into the Brooks Ghost Max, it’s essential to acknowledge Brooks’ rich history in the running world. With a heritage spanning over a century, Brooks has consistently evolved to cater to the unique needs of road runners, trail enthusiasts, and everyone in between. The Ghost series, a staple in Brooks’ lineup since its inception in 2008, has garnered a dedicated following due to its reliable cushioning and versatility. Now, the Ghost Max emerges as a dynamic addition to this legendary family.
Brooks Ghost Max Details and Highlights
Before delving into the specifics, here are some essential details about the Brooks Ghost Max:
- Men’s Weight: 10.0oz / 283.5g
- Women’s Weight: 9.0oz / 255.1g
- Stack Height: 39mm (heel) / 33mm (toe)
- 6mm heel-to-toe offset
- Ideal for daily training or casual walking
- True-to-size fit
- High-stack DNA LOFT v2 cushioning
- GlideRoll Rocker technology for smooth heel-to-toe transitions
- Broad base for stability
- American Podiatry Medical Association (APMA) Seal of Acceptance
- Carbon neutral
- Price: $150
- Official Men’s Link
- Official Women’s Link
Deep Dive into Features
The Brooks Ghost Max may be new, but it incorporates familiar Brooks technologies, starting with the impressive DNA LOFT v2 cushioning. This thick stack of midsole foam ensures a soft and comfortable ride, making it ideal for those who put their legs through the rigors of daily running.
- DNA LOFT v2 Cushioning: This technology combines lightweight foam, rubber, and air to deliver consistently soft cushioning, perfect for those seeking impact absorption during long runs.
- GlideRoll Rocker: Uniquely, the Ghost Max employs a full heel-to-toe rocker, which works harmoniously with the DNA LOFT v2 foam to provide a balanced running experience. It’s particularly beneficial for individuals dealing with conditions like plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, and Morton’s neuroma.
- Inherent Stability: While many high-cushion shoes are categorized as either neutral or stability, the Ghost Max strikes a balance with its broad base, providing stability without altering your natural gait. This design also accommodates wider feet and orthotics users.
Differences Between the Brooks Ghost Max and Ghost
The Ghost Max features “max” cushion. While the Ghosts are medium cushioned runner.
The Ghost Max features a 6 mm drop. Ghosts feature a 12 mm drop.
Both shoes weigh roughly the same weight.
One standout feature of the Brooks Ghost Max is its commitment to sustainability. It’s a certified CarbonNeutral® product, reflecting Brooks’ dedication to combating climate change. Some remarkable sustainable facts include:
- 56.4% recycled materials used in the upper
- Diverting 9.39 plastic bottles from landfills
Fit and Comfort
Reviewers unanimously found that the Brooks Ghost Max fit true to size in length, with the widened base offering a bit of extra room for width. The plush heel collar and tongue provide ample padding while remaining breathable and lightweight. Additionally, an external heel counter ensures a secure fit.
Road Testing Results
The real test of any running shoe is how it performs on the road. Reviewers conducted long runs and even short tempo workouts, and here’s what they discovered:
- The Ghost Max consistently delivers comfort during long runs.
- Surprisingly lightweight, making it an ideal choice for those who crave both cushioning and agility.
- The GlideRoll Rocker is noticeable while walking, making it a great option for brisk walks.
- While not dedicated to speedwork, the Ghost Max handles tempo runs with ease.
In conclusion, the Brooks Ghost Max seamlessly combines the familiar fit of the Ghost 15 with enhanced cushioning, an integrated rocker, and a widened base for stability. It’s a versatile daily trainer or walking shoe that caters to both neutral runners and mild pronators. Priced at $150, it offers remarkable value, making it one of the most affordable max cushion trainers available. For those who appreciate simplicity and exceptional cushioning, the Brooks Ghost Max is poised to become your go-to running companion.