If you’re here you’re probably like me, you found the ProSource Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar ($26.99) on Amazon.com for a good price with great reviews and you want to know if it’s a cheap knock off or worth the money. I spent a few weeks testing the ProSource with a verity of pull-ups, dead hangs, and anything else I could think of. Based ont hat, here’s my unbiased review.
ProSource Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar Product Description
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL – 12 comfortable grips & various handles allow you to perform wide, hammer, close-grip exercises
- UPPER BODY STRENGTH – Strengthen entire upper body and abs with pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups, dips, and leg raises; Material: Steel; Foam/PVC grips
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE & INSTALL – Slip-in design fits standard doorways (24” to 36”). Includes 2 optional foam covers for outer handles to protect doorframes
- AT-HOME WORKOUT – Portable design makes it easy to squeeze in workouts and stay fit at home; Exercise guide included
- DURABLE STEEL – Made of high grade steel & built to last, it holds up to 300 lb. and includes a limited lifetime warranty
ProSource Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar Review
The ProSource pull-up bar is available from Amazon Prime and showed up promptly in two days. The box was compact and if wrapped I would never suspect what was inside. The main assembly comes broken into two half’s, a bunch of connecting pieces, 3 bags of nuts/bolts, and includes minimal instructions but wasn’t too difficult. Just don’t tighten the bolts down before you get the basic assembly together. Once assembled the ProSource fits into any door frame.
Grip Variety – I love the different grip setups and it provides for a much greater verity of exercises than a typical straight bar pull-up bar.
Affordable – For the price, to me it seems like a great value.
Grip Width – Some of the widths of the grips may be too small for some hands especially on the grips perpendicular to the door.
Grip Padding – Its soft and slips just enough to give you blisters on longer sets.
Weight Limit – I wouldn’t let anyone near 300 lbs hang from this pull-up bar.
Leaves Marks on the Door Frame – The padding that lodges against the door is not very tough and will eventually give way to leave black marks on the door frame.
This one is a toss up. For the price its feels like a good buy featuring a selection of grips and the ability to be extended with added grips in different locations (pic coming soon). I can also see the advantage of buying something more sturdy but for now this gets the job done!